We are on the lookout for software engineers excited about working on today’s cloud native and Kubernetes challenges. You enjoy solving the complexities of cloud native development and are passionate about bringing excellent solutions to market. You are an effective communicator, unafraid to question assumptions and enjoy being part of a larger cloud native ecosystem and community.
As a member of the software development team, you will have the opportunity to build significant breadth and depth in your cloud native portfolio; from working on development of Biqmind’s advanced Kubernetes tools to participating in transformative client projects.
Preferably you have relevant recent experience and have worked for at least 4 years. Beyond formal credentials, we are seeking talented people with the heart and the self-drive to grow. If you have participated in hackathons, start-up product builds, open-source software projects or technology communities, we want to hear from you. You can expect competitive compensation, a results-oriented work environment and work-life balance.
• Build, maintain, and evolve core libraries, services, and/or platforms
• Build and operate scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems
• Utilize cloud-based solutions
• Research and implement innovative solutions which can increase the value of Biqmind products
• Ensure that the Software Definition of Done is adhered to when delivering User Stories
• Work on client engagements
• Participate in Scrum or related Agile process and ensure the rules are adhered to
• Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
• Compile and write documentation related to program development
• Train users to work with our products or systems
• Any related other duties that we reasonably require you to undertake
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Expert level understanding of engineering development processes and working environments including Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean etc.
• Hands-on experience with full stack development
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux OS
• Operational experience running API services at scale
• Strong architecture skills in web applications development
• Experience with version control tools and continuous deployment
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication and written and verbal English Language skills
• Able to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with peers
• Flexible, open-minded and a quick learner
• Self-motivated with the initiative to problem solve
• Accountable, reliable and a team player
• Able to multi-task, prioritize activities, work independently and calmly under pressure
• Able to adapt and thrive with changes in techniques and tools
• Comfortable collaborating across teams and contributing to open source