As a Backend Engineer, you are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of web applications. The primary responsibility is to build the structure of a software application and optimizing servers for speed and stability. You will be working with our other iOS, Android and backend engineers in Singapore and contribute to the continuous development of our app used by more than 100 million people worldwide.
- 2 to 3 years experience in back-end development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Should present a portfolio of their work including code that they have written.
- With the ability to understand architecture presented to them and the thought process in how they went about prototyping these architectures.
- The individual must be self-motivated, an excellent problem solver and a fast learner.
- Must be willing to be based in Singapore.
- Proficiency in Node.js.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with secured, optimised & scalable back-end API development.
- Experience with high performance, responsive & cross browser compatible web application development.
- Experience in Firebase, Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience in Python is a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams