As a Senior Software Engineer, Database on the MigrationWiz team at BitTitan, you will work as part of a collaborative team with a focus on constant learning and improvement. Our team strives to be cross-functional and there are opportunities to extend your impact and knowledge into new areas. We appreciate engineers who have great ideas to share and the desire to help us on the path to making those ideas a reality. You will help take our industry-leading migration solution to the next level in terms of performance and scalability while implementing new features requested by our large customer base.
In This Job, You Will
- Be the Resident Database expert for the Migration Wiz Product team.
- Own and drive everything data in the MigrationWiz Product team
- Review and improve the MigrationWiz Data models and ORM framework
- Gatekeeper and Approver for Database changes required and proposed by Development team
- Design scalable and extendable Data Models for the MigrationWiz product.
- Troubleshoot Database issues related to escalations from the Support team and provide a resolution within a timely manner
- Review database related code change requests to identify potential improvements and to prevent errors, before approving and releasing the database changes
- Drive the design of major features within the Engineering team, by leading design review meetings and ensuring that new features fit into the existing architecture
- Work with the Product Management team to synchronize and ensure delivery, by helping organizing tasks within the team and coordinating work with other teams
- Communicate, document and provide training to other engineers around the features delivered
- Occasionally own high impact features or initiatives and drive a small team for the relevant outcomes
- Provide technical expertise to the team to propose and enable new initiatives such as new technologies, processes or improvements to the product
- Mentor other engineers by providing technical guidance and constructive feedback
We would love to speak with you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) focus
- 6+ years experience as a Database Administrator, with good coding skills
- Advanced SQL skills across both DML and DDL
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding on Database concepts around Indexes, Query optimisation, Stored Procedures & functions, Views & Trigger, Transaction Management, Concurrency & Deadlocks, High Availability, preferably in SQL Server or MySQL
- Good skills in at least one strongly typed, object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, or C++
- Good skills in at least one scripting language like Python, Powershell, Shell script
- Proven ability to design and ship high-quality, scalable SaaS solutions
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in proactive, optimal and efficient way
- The ability to communicate effectively
- A passion for pushing new ideas and features forward
Extras That Will Give You An Edge
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Email technology expertise (e.g. email routing, email migration, anti-spam, etc.)
- Familiarity with network protocols, DNS, email systems, etc.
- Working with technologies across the Microsoft stack including .NET, Azure
- Knowledge of NoSQL like CosmosDB, MongoDB.
Bring your experience, your talent, your creative energy, and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that is collaborative, customer centric, professional, and encourages hard work with a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation… you’re going to love it!
At BitTitan, Inc. we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we embrace it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity.