Elevate your career by making a difference in the world's largest asset manager! Flourish in an environment that fosters positive relationships, inclusive and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
The role is within Client Trading development team whose mandate is delivering of BlackRock’s industry-leading liquidity management platform powered by Aladdin®. We are beginning a multi-year project to rearchitect and redesign our platform to fuel dramatic growth in assets under management and volume. We are passionate about building high-quality software that is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and encourages end-user delight.
What Makes Us Special As a Company
- Our purpose is meaningful: to help more and more people experience financial well-being, allowing them to have better health, education, and retirement.
- As the biggest asset manager, we are among the top companies globally and have a highly secure and established financial pedigree.
- BlackRock is socially responsible employees have two fully paid volunteering days a year!
- We are a FinTech company with equal emphasis on Technology and Finance
- Employees can take unlimited holiday above the legally eligible limit. We give additional holidays to new parents!
- Compared to many big companies, employees enjoy more freedom to provide input and express their opinion.
What Makes Us Special As a Team
- We build solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who get an advantage by using our Aladdin® eco-system.
- We deliver complete end-to-end solutions as a global Agile Team consisting of Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Engineers, UX/UI designers, and Test Automation engineers. We are located across the world team presence at Atlanta, Budapest, India, London, and Singapore.
- We are passionate about our profession. We keep learning and sharing our knowledge internally and externally.
- We are developing in Angular, React, Java, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, a whole host of languages and many other open-source technologies.
- We believe in writing software right the first time with an API first approach, writing testable software, with a focus on incremental innovation and testing.
You should be
- Curious about your profession. Keen to learn and keep up to date
- Keen to deliver business value instead of doing technologically cool things that are not useful.
- Taking full ownership of the end result, not just do what you were told to do
- High attention to detail, may it be code, design, code review
- Like to think about the big picture and understand the end-to-end workflows
As part of the team you will
- Build quality software and scale technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Pay attention to detail, and drive innovation
- Be creative and learn constantly
- Mentor new joiners, junior colleagues
We value you if you have
- 4+ years proven practical experience
- skills in enterprise software development in Java with caching and messaging technologies such as (Ignite, Caffeine, Kafka, Cassandra)
- skills in web development stacks such as (Angular/React with Typescript, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
- sound knowledge in cloud technologies and services (AWS, Azure) is a plus
- passion about test driven, clean code and, CI/CD
- expertise in any technology or insight which might be valuable
- ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed
Company Provided Perks And Benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, free access to popular learning sites and conferences, personal training budget, ability to work from home, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.