Data Engineers at BlackRock get to experience working at one of the most recognized financial companies in the world while being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technologies and solutions. Our engineers design and build large scale data storage, computation and distribution systems. They partner with data and analytics specialists to deliver high quality analytical and derived data to our consumers.
We are looking for data engineers who like to innovate and seek complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. Engineers looking to work in the areas of orchestration, data modeling, data pipelines, APIs, storage, distribution, distributed computation, consumption and infrastructure are ideal candidates.
- Data Engineers are expected to be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, architect, develop, deploy, and maintain data platform and/or data pipelines.
- Which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands. Design is an iterative process, whether for services or infrastructure. Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards improving platform performance and scalability.
- Deployment and maintenance require close interaction with various teams. This requires maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with teams within AlphaGen - Investor Data as well as with wider Aladdin developer community. Production support for applications is usually required for issues that cannot be resolved by operations team. Creative and inventive problem-solving skills for reduced turnaround times are highly valued.
- Preparing user documentation to maintain both development and operations continuity is integral to the role. Adhering to BlackRock's design standards is expected and contributing towards upkeep of those standards is encouraged.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2+ years’ experience in data analytics environments
- Experience in Python, Java, SQL, Cloud technologies
- Experience / Familiarity with Database Modeling, data management eco system.
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Azure DevOps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Ability to operate under fast-paced environment
Skills That Would Be a Plus
- Exposure to developing REST APIs
- Understanding of Container-Orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Understanding of ETL/ELT concepts
- Exposure to NoSQL platforms
What will you learn on the job?
- A good understanding of hedge fund strategies and their investment process
- Build a platform that enables large scale analytics and data science workflows
- Aladdin - the investment platform which manage over $15 Trillion of the global assets.
- Exposure to large universe of datasets and deal with some of the most exciting data & analytics challenges
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.