BlackRock is looking for innovative engineers who love solving sophisticated problems. As a firm, we recognize strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
This role is part of a global System Operations team focusing on using cloud capabilities within BlackRock’s powerful asset management platform. Members of our team have a proven track record of solving some of the firms most difficult problems in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner. We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to seek large scale challenges.
This team will build the automation around provisioning, monitoring, and updating cloud infrastructure, as well as tooling to automate migrations to the cloud. The team will also be responsible for finding opportunities to improve our architecture using cloud and cloud-native technologies.
Security, data privacy, and system resilience are integral to the design and architecture. A candidate should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, cost, performance, and complexity. Experience implementing enterprise solutions in a commercial cloud is a strong plus.
A successful candidate has:
- A passion for building highly available, performant, and secure systems that our clients can trust
- Experience deploying to and operating commercial clouds; namely Azure or AWS
- Skills in programming languages such as Python, Perl or similar
- Skills in automation and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with Linux and solving issues on the platform
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Platform monitoring tools
- Experience automating deployment of IaaS components including storage, network, and compute
- Experience with orchestration and container engines such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong problem solving, communication, and technical writing skills
- An education in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- An open mind, and works well with a diverse set of people
- Passion for the possibilities represented by cloud platforms
We are a global but close-knit team of individuals who share a common goal of providing the very best possible level of support to our business partners and customers. From the top of the firm down, we embrace the diversity of values, identities and ideas brought by our employees. We are serious about our people and offer Flexible Time Off, collaborative working spaces and several other benefits.
If any of this excites you, we would love to speak to you!
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.