Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
Platform Operations and Optimization is part of the strategic Compute portfolio within Digital Enterprise & Operations. Within this portfolio, the Platform Engineering Onboarding team is responsible for the custom-built software to support the automation and integration to optimally onboarding of multi-cloud platforms across bp. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills to build value through leadership and technical development related to revenue-earning activity or helps reduce costs within BP functions by automating manual activity.
- This role involves supporting Platform Engineering Onboarding to:
- Provide development including ServiceNow
- Provide onboarding automation for AWS Platform, Azure Platform, and various bespoke applications
- Provide analysis, integration, automation, and development of ServiceNow to support Compute Platform's various automation activities
- This role supports the Platform Engineering Onboarding Service Owner
bp is reinventing itself and digital capability is at the core of this vision. To achieve our ambitions and re-imagine energy, we also need to re-imagine digital as it underpins everything we do. Our Innovation and Engineering teams enable strategic platforms enable that future digital vision. The purpose of the platform team is to enable product teams to deliver work with substantial autonomy, focusing on the foundation of self-service API, tools, services, knowledge, and support which are arranged as a compelling internal product.
Join us to gain an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally at global level. Personal growth and development are encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to enable a great platform to delight your customers.
If unlocking value by bringing teams together using digital capability excites you, we want you!
- Working with users and business analysts to understand requirements
- Crafting, developing, and testing custom software applications
- Acts in accordance with coding standards and technical design
- Supporting and maintaining our software. We believe in DevOps – you build it, you run it!
- Works as a team to build the vision and improve value from current applications and new technologies showing technical thought leadership in their business area across a wide range of technologies
- Collaborates with peers across Innovation & Engineering teams
- Learning and applying new technologies
- Collaborating and furthering technical leadership of less experienced software engineers
- Excel in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Proven experience of Agile methodologies
- Systems Integrations
- Data Design
- Cloud skill in either AWS or Azure is a plus
- User Experience (UX) Design is a plus
- A Degree in IT, computer Science or related subject
- Knowledge of ServiceNow development and latest ServiceNow features
- Willingness and ability to learn, to become skilled in at least one more programming language on top of your existing skillset
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, including design, security, design patterns for extensible and reliable code, automated unit and functional testing, CI/CD and telemetry
- Demonstrated understanding of modern technologies like Cloud native, containers, serverless
- Proven experience of Agile methodologies
- User story definition
- Application Support
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working With Us, You Can Do This By
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because Together We Are
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive