As a Software Manager, you should possess a deep understanding of software development lifecycle management and strong technical and leadership skills. You will be working with a team of highly motivated individuals in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Excellent communication and collaborative skills are a must.
- Lead a team of developers (employees and vendor resources) working on current and next generation breath test systems.
- Responsible for technical project planning including identification of design specifications based on product requirements, developing execution plans, setting security expectations, estimating team task schedules, managing technical backlog tasks, and partnering with team members to determine and communicate functional and/or resource requirements.
- Mentor and guide team members into creating thoughtful and maintainable designs and solutions. Assist the team in solving critical technical issues and designing scalable, highly available solutions for current cloud and future mobile platforms.
- Own and manage execution against an aggressive but achievable project plan, provide project-related work direction to team members, work with peer project managers/cross functional program team members to monitor dependencies and ensure that critical program milestones and deliverables are met.
- Given the importance of ensuring cyber security and compliance of Breathonix digital assets, this role takes the lead to guard Breathonix from cyberattacks via educating employees, implement robust IT landscape and managing risks.
- Keep Breathonix’s hardware, applications and digital assets secured by ensuring patches are updated and security measures in place to prevent breaches.
- Ensure compliance to data, security and privacy law and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or any related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT vendor management, such as vendor selection, contract review to ensure critical terms and conditions are included and service level management.
- In-depth understanding in software backend and architecture
- Extensive SDLC and DevOp knowledge and associated processes
- Sound knowledge in Service-Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Concepts & design patterns NB: Service-oriented architecture (SOA) is a software development model that allows services to communicate across different platforms and languages to form applications. In SOA, a service is a self-contained unit of software designed to complete a specific task.
- Experience working with Enterprise Architects to ensure robustness and scalability of the IT architecture.
- Good understanding of support systems and processes
- Proven leadership, management & project management ability and expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and status of key projects to both business-minded and technically savvy audiences
- Highly motivated and able to learn on your own, as well as quickly pick up new technologies and best practices
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies on your own and apply new concepts to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Experience working in regulated environments and delivering new products in compliance with global regulatory standards
Good to have
- Experience working with medical device
- Exposure/understanding of ISO 13485
- Ownership of Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Working closely with a dynamic and diverse team
- Working on the most disruptive medical technology that is already making huge difference.
- Great prospect for career advancement and personal development
- Silicon Valley-style of working environment and community. Opportunities to bond with top entrepreneurs in deep-tech.
- We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit.
Desired Skills and Experience
Vendor Management Experience, Communication, Decision support system, Front End Engineering Design, Cyber Security, Design Patterns, SDLC, Project Planning, project plan, Data Engineering, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Project Management, ISO-13485, Database Design, back end infrastructure, Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills, React.js, Software Development, leadership skills, Management