- If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
- If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Broadcom's Central Engineering Group (CEG) is looking for an experienced software development professional to join our team as a senior software engineer for the development and maintenance of tools, systems and methodologies primarily for a Memory Compiler system. Candidates must have experience in developing software systems/utilities on Linux platforms and have exposure implementing software development best practices throughout the software development life cycle including integration testing and release processes.
The candidate must prioritize well, communicate clearly and concisely, deliver high quality solutions on-time, and possess excellent problem solving skills. This person will be expected to work across multiple facets of projects, and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- contribute to, and lead, software development projects done in Perl and/or Python.
- develop automation and flows for the generation and the quality analysis of EDA models working closely with Memory design teams.
- troubleshoot and debug legacy code problems, contribute towards the development & improvements of software code for automated systems & processes.
- participate in code reviews and build team consensus to implement continuous improvements to development processes.
- respond to software support queries and address trouble tickets from product teams across Broadcom.
- follow organizational standards and practices to deliver high quality software, and meet aggressive schedules and milestones.
- work closely with technical leads/senior team members from other regions/teams to evolve and improve organizational standards and practices.
- have frequent communication with organization leaders and peers – across geographically dispersed locations and time zones - have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree - or higher - in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science curriculum with 6 or more years of relevant experience in software engineering and coding on Linux platforms.
- Experience in software tools/process automation, with relevant semiconductor industry exposure.
- Possess excellent knowledge of Linux commands, file systems, and job execution.
- Familiarity with version control tools & frameworks, like: SVN, Synchronicity/DSM, GIT.
- Knowledge of ASIC chip design tools and flows and EE industry experience is desirable.
- Excellent, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player, methodical, independent and ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.