The Bytedance Ad Data Team provides tools and services to deliver ad data to millions of internal and external clients all around the globe. The team has end-to-end ownership of ad data's lifecycle including data ETL, data warehouse and data services. We leverage data technologies to advice local customer support teams and help global advertisers make wiser investment decisions on Bytedance's Advertising Platform.
Ad Data is the cornerstone of every business decision that millions of advertisers make every day on Bytedance. Therefore, we are tasked with innovating on daily basis to create and maintain complex systems at large scale and continue expanding the capacity to better serve advertisers growing at exponential pace.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced Ad Data products. You will be a part of a team of top notch technical professionals developing scalable systems and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for people who are highly motivated by aiming for the highest, moving fast, and changing the way customers use data to drive profitability.
1. Work with product managers and data analysts to design data-related products.
2. Communicate with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
3. Buildup data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas.
4. Design, build and launch new data ETL processes in production.
5. Support existing streaming and batch system in production, solve the on-call issues.
6. Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas.
7. Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
8. Support daily project management, assist junior engineers in business and technical problems.
1. Bachelor's degree in technical field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
2. At least 3 years of experience in the data warehouse space.
3. At least 3 years of experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
4. At least 2 years of experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
5. At least 2 years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
6. At least 3 years of experience with SQL statements.
7. Proficient in one of the programming languages such as Python, Java or C++.
8. Good communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
9. Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans with internal clients.