In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances and supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products. Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world.
What you will be doing:
- Build tools, automation, monitoring for distributed data platforms running as SaaS and on-premises deployment.
- Collaborate with engineering, infrastructure, security, and product teams to implement DevOps solutions to ensure scalability, reliability of the system.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and improvement of our DevOps processes.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical background involving software/system engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Good programming experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, or Go.
- Expertise in DevOps technologies like Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Bash Scripting, etc.
- Expertise in containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in automating, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in building solutions with AWS, Google, Azures, AliCloud, or other cloud services.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems.
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.