Our Mission is to create a high-performance enterprise cloud warehouse product that empowers our customers to make efficient and real-time data-driven decisions, with surgical precision. You will be part of the talented Data Platform team and build the next-generation, cloud-native, and high-performance enterprise data warehouse with challenges that are unique, exciting, and unprecedented.
- Support a large engineering team on career development.
- Lead the development of platforms, tools, and quality engineering processes to ensure work quality.
- Ensure engineering and product quality throughout development cycles and release cycles, by estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating QA activities.
- Responsible for the entire testing lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design review, formulating test plans, designing and executing test cases, conducting defect tracking and software quality analysis, etc.
- Participate in the development of automated testing tools/frameworks, design, and execution of automated test cases, automatically building test environments, and continuous integration.
- Ensure the quality of the system under test, and strive to improve the quality and efficiency of R&D through the test process and method innovation.
- Define a long term technical roadmap for the team;
- Contribute to technical decisions on projects among the product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science-related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, such as Java/Go/C++/Python.
- At least 5 years of web application testing experience and/or development or testing experience.
- At least 2 years managing or tech-leading a QA team.
- Experience with service automation, performance testing tools, and test platform development.
- Solid understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Solid understanding of distributed systems.
- Strong analytical thinking and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, ability to coordinate with different local and global teams.
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.