In Data Platform Singapore, we aim to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have grown to tens of thousands of instances and we have now the largest ClickHouse deployment on this planet, supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products. Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented.
We are looking for Software Engineers who have a passion for building next-generation analytical databases that can serve ByteDance's products and services with hundreds of millions of users. You will work on improving the performance of a large-scale distributed analytical database system at different levels including storage, execution engine, and query optimization and networking.
- To work on ideas and insightful visions on the next-generation database systems.
- Write high-quality and reusable codes to implement prototypes from the product perspective and build systems in a production setting.
- Work with analytical databases and tools such as ClickHouse, Presto, Hive, Calcite, etc.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize ByteDance's next-generation distributed data processing systems by leverage emerging new hardware and cutting-edge technologies.
- Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, related disciplines, or equivalent practical experience.
- Good software development skills in C/C++/Java. You should be familiar with development tools/flows in Linux.
- Good understanding of SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Good understanding of database systems, query optimization, distributed systems, and computer architecture.
- Hands-on experience in ClickHouse or any other relational query processing engines should be a plus.
- Good communication, strong analytical thinking, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Be passionate about building systems and products to tackle challenging data problems.
- Self-motivated and can think out-of-box with novel ideas and solutions.