In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances and supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products.
Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world.
- Design, build and maintain performant and robust cloud-native services in ByteDance's next-generation analytical database
- Work closely with the Product team to design and implement core features
- Work with UX designers and other engineers to build delightful features that ease the user journey
- Continuously improve engineering standards, toolkits, and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Strong coding capabilities, exhibits good code design and coding style
- Familiarity with at least one of the programming languages: Go, Java, Scala, or C++
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Database System, Network, and Distributed systems
- In-depth understanding of at least one of the modern middleware: MQ, Cache, Config server, Connection pool, Database Sharding tool, etc.
- Hands-on experiences with Web/RPC frameworks is a plus
- Hands-on experiences on big data system like Flink, Spark, Impala, Presto, Clickhouse, Hudi, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of microservices architecture is a plus
- Good communication skills