The DBA (Database Administrator) team is committed to the construction and management of database services within ByteDance. Our team provides online storage service support for ByteDance's entire line of products (TikTok, Douyin, Toutiao, etc) and manages the industry-leading database cluster with multiple single clusters that store data exceeding trillions. At present, the DBA team focuses on the construction of ultra-large-scale database operation and maintenance systems as well as the landing of intelligent databases.
1. Manage day-to-day operations, such as monitoring, backup, performance tuning, and failure handling of database systems
2. Participate in schema design, implementation, and data migration over large MySQL databases
3. Help build end-to-end solutions over MySQL and MongoDB infrastructure, with a focus on performance, high availability, and growth needs of our customers
4. Create tools and automation to improve database administration and management efficiency
5. Responsible for database middleware testing, maintenance, and management
6. Participate in regular on-call duties.
1. Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with 3-5+ years of experience in MySQL management
2. Familiar with MySQL architecture and design
3. Familiar with popular database storage engines and master-slave replication principles and practices
4. Familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems and networking
5. Experience programming in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, etc
6. Experience in designing, analyzing, and supporting large-scale distributed systems is preferred;
7. Experience with NoSQL like Redis and MongoDB is preferred
8. Good communication and coordination skills and able to work efficiently under pressure.