In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances, supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products.
Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world.
You will be contributing directly to the database engine, including but not limited to storage, query execution, metadata management, resource management, and performance optimization. By joining this team, you can look forward to a great opportunity to solve hard problems and to grow.
- Build the next-generation distributed stateful data processing engine that's fast, scalable, elastic, and robust.
- Roll up the sleeves and implement major functionalities.
- Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high-quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses, and release packaging.
- Deliver reliable, high-performance services and client libraries for storing and accessing a humongous amount of data on cloud storage backends.
- Drive strategic vision for the team and product.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and OOD/OOP principles.
- 2+ years of production-level experience in either Java, Scala, or C++.
- Experience with distributed systems, databases, and big data systems (Flink/Spark/Hadoop).
- Comfortable working towards a multi-year vision with incremental deliverables.
- Motivated by delivering customer value and impact.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Optional: Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes.b