In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances and, supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products.
Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world.
What you will be doing:
You will be contributing directly to the database engine, including but not limited to storage, query execution, metadata management, resource management, and performance optimization. By joining this team, you can look forward to a great opportunity to solve hard problems and to grow.
- Contribute to the database engine, by being a part of technical design, implementation, and verification
- Write high-quality code and ensure extensibility and sustainability of the module/project
- Explore and work on new technologies to improve efficiency or enable new usage scenarios
- Being a mentor for one or more engineers to provide necessary guidance and support
- Support your team by creating a transparent, open, and creative culture
What you should have:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related major
- Familiar with Linux operating system principles, networking, and multi-threading
- Seasoned software development skills in modern C++
- Experience working on one or more of these technologies is a plus: ClickHouse, Apache Impala, Presto DB, Trino, Apache Doris, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Greenplum
- Contributor/Committer or PMC of the open-source community is a plus
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.