Our team protects users on our platform by promoting privacy by design; we design architectures that treats user data respectfully, with transparency, and in line with reasonable practices. Data privacy engineering is a new technological territory that hasn't been well defined in our industry; by joining the team, you will have chance to refine the data privacy framework, use advanced privacy technology, and make a big impact across all our platforms and our community.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain systems that enhance privacy across ByteDance's platforms such as TikTok.
- Work with engineering and product teams to ensure what we build is compliant with privacy laws and regulations from a technical perspective.
- Respond to privacy incidents, if they occur, including collecting information on scope and root cause as well as managing remediation.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related major, with 2 years of working experience.
- Experienced in building backend services for large-scale consumer-facing applications.
- Proficiency in at least one of following languages: Java, Go, C++, Python, Java.
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures and algorithms.
- Good team communication and collaboration skills.
- 2+ years of industry experience developing and implementing privacy features and solutions.
- Comfortable with communicating across disciplines (e.g. engineering, legal, policy).