The FaaS team at ByteDance is committed to creating a highly available and easily expandable universal serverless computing platform, following the concept of service functionalization. The platform supports creating and deploying application functionalities with one click, shields resources and maintenance details, and greatly reduces developers’ development costs. At the same time, the lightweight and fast start-up capabilities of FaaS allow the platform to automatically expand and shrink the capacity of the functions and optimize the resource cost. At present, the serverless computing platform carries tens of millions of requests per second.
We look forward to those who are energetic, innovative, and experienced in the design of highly available systems to explore and practice together with our team.
1. Design and develop ByteDance's FaaS, building a highly available and easily expandable serverless computing platform
2. Design and develop FaaS worker Wasm and v8 runtime
3. Design high performance, low overhead data plane forwarding and optimization for cold start
4. Explore stateful Serverless Computing
1. Excellent programming abilities and solid foundations in data structure and algorithms
2. Practical experience with large-scale distributed systems and complex problem solving skills
3. Proven experience with one or more languages such as Go, Python, Java, Node.js, Rust.
1. In-depth understanding of serverless computing and related fields
2. Experience with open source projects such as Firecracker, KVM, Kubernetes, OpenFaaS, Knative
3. Familiar with AWS Lambda, Google Function, Azure Function and other products.