Please note, all positions at Cake require relevant experience unless otherwise stated. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the blockchain industry and help to shape behaviour on how people are dealing with their finances in the crypto and blockchain world?
We are strong believers in the potential of DeFi, and we are working everyday to push the boundaries of DeFi and Bitcoin.We work independently, take ownership of our jobs, and are passionate about making a real impact in the world we live in.
For this position we are considering remote candidates and candidates who are based locally in Singapore. Please consider adding our email domain, cakedefi.com, to your whitelist as email responses to your applications might otherwise be filtered into your "promos" folder.
About the team
Our talented engineering team pride themselves on writing good code. We care about good engineering practices, working with great people, and working on real and impactful products.
We practice test-driven development, and are more than happy to allow team members the opportunity to solve problems with unconventional or cutting-edge methods. If you care about continually improving your craft, and want to work with like-minded peers, this is the place for you!
What you’ll do:
- Be an advocate for our blockchain; we have a passionate community continually looking to build decentralized apps on DeFiChain.
- Work with our API and SDK team to develop and maintain starter apps for quick onboarding of developers into the DeFiChain ecosystem.
- Take an active role in creating apps on top of DeFiChain using our API and SDK to educate and grow our community.
- Maintain our developer facing APIs and providing guidance and mentoring our community at scale.
- Apply your technical writing ability to create well-documented and easy to understand documentation or articles about DeFiChain.
What you’ll need:
- A collaborative and resourceful individual with excellent communication skills able to make radical decisions while being empathetic and respectful.
- Experience working in a fast pace tech-driven startup, or as a developer support engineer, or developer evangelist in any capacity.
- Ability to take full ownership and work independently while collaborating with others in a fast-paced agile team.
- Passionate about creating high impact work in the DeFi space with ability to deliver quality solutions without mentorship.
- Comfortable working in a globally decentralized company; we have teams spanning multiple time zones.
- Experience participating/maintaining in open source software development is highly preferred.
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain technologies and cryptography is preferred.
Why work with Cake:
- Do something with purpose; Be a part of the future that will shape on how people are dealing with their finances in Crypto and Blockchain
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International, diverse work environment and flat hierarchy
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, unlimited discretionary leave, casual work attire