As an e-commerce tech start-up, we move decisively on insightful data and leverage on technological solutions to supercharge our operations. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that is as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It is a place where all ideas are listened to; where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
If you are eager to make an impact at a fast-growing technology company and you have a passion for moving the needle, come join us!
As part of our Supply Chain Strategy and Business Intelligence team, your role as a Data Engineer will be to ensure that our team has the right infrastructure to perform analysis that helps in making better-infomred business decisions. You'll be building systems and that collect, manage and convert data into usable information for our team, and the details are as per below.
- Define, collect, and model data from business processes or third parties to generate insights and drive strategic or continuous improvement initiatives for the whole company.
- Work with technology teams to design and implement reliable and scalable data pipelines.
- Work with functional stakeholders to build modern data infrastructure (e.g. data warehouse, data lake) and solve any data-related technical issues.
- Be the ‘Go-To’ expert and constantly improve data infrastructure in Castlery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computing Engineering or other equivalent degrees with outstanding academic achievements.
- Proven track records working as Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or equivalent.
- Good command of database structures and query languages.
- Strong in Python programming and familiar with popular libraries such as Pandas, Scrapy.
- Familiar with AWS Data Analytics service and setting up data pipelines, e.g. Airflow, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of big data framework and tech stack is a plus, e.g. Spark, Hadoop.
- Passion and curiosity for solving challenging problems by leveraging on the right technology.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural team environment and lead changes.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to deliver sophisticated ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.