As a software engineer in the Data Products team, you will operationalise, scale and serve a variety of aggregated, real-time and analytically-derived data to support Singapore's national security missions. You will be responsible for designing and developing performant, reliable and maintainable APIs while leveraging pragmatic unit, integration and performance testing. You will have the freedom to determine the best way to deliver value, be it developing from scratch or building upon the best solutions from the community.
- Influence the roadmap and development of data products to enhance existing capabilities or provide new opportunities
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain high-quality code following engineering and testing best practices
- Work with other software engineers and stakeholders to build solutions and gain novel insights to complex problems
- Contribute to overall architecture and implementation of core infrastructural components (e.g. API gateway, messaging platform, auth services, etc.)
Requirements - Minimum Qualifications
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics etc.) or equivalent practical experience
- Software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Knowledge of SQL and practical experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
Requirements - Nice-to-haves
- Prior experience with Python web frameworks (e.g. Flask, FastAPI)
- Prior experience building high-volume REST and gRPC web services
- Understanding of domain driven design, microservice patterns and service-oriented architectures
- Prior experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
As CSIT is an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.