Our Infrastructure Team at Circles.Life works hard to ensure our Infrastructure is highly available and scalable in order to deliver the digital user experience to our customers. Keeping our customer experience a simple process is not an easy task, and we provide a great environment and platform for our engineers to grow their skills and their career. In this role, you can expect:
- Working with and integrating new technologies to solve complex challenges!
- Exposure to working across different teams all the while sharing your ideas and innovating together in an open-culture concept!
- Taking the next step in your career by potentially moving to a DevOps Engineering role.
As a Senior System Operations Engineer, your key objectives will be to…
- Timely resolution of internal help desk requests for application developer and end user which includes but not limited to: wifi, operating system, end user applications or hardware, network printing, VPN connectivity
- Ensuring availability of internal infrastructure (wifi, vpn, fibre backhaul, routers, firewalls, malware mitigation, etc.)
- Daily system monitoring and timely response
- Periodic backup of critical platforms
- Periodic system upgrades for security and optimal operations
- Review of OS and application logs
- IT related equipment testing and installation (Servers, Switches, NAS - Network Attached Storage, etc.)
- VPN service and Firewall policy management
- Wiki ownership which includes technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- User account management on internal admin platforms.
- Management of third party vendors for hardware and licenses
We are looking for individuals who...
- Minimum 4-5 years’ of Experience in a System Administration / Engineer or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other relevant accolades
- Experience in either: RH Linux, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, Oracle database 11g (or 10g or 12g, etc), or Oracle RAC. (Installation, troubleshooting etc.)
- Experience in Firewall Administration (Fortigate etc.)
- Experience in TCP/IP networking: Routing, Subnet, DNS, VPN, IPSEC, BGP etc.
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of Cloud Infrastructure in either: AWS EC2, GCP, Azure
- Hands-on experience and understanding of virtualization platform: OVM, KVM, VMware
- Understanding of various IT process framework: Agile, ITIL
- Able to support 24x7 on call on rotating basis
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take up ownership of various projects and work
- Experience in managing multiple external vendors
- Knowledge or experience in Network Administration (subnetting, routing configuration etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps, Automation or Multi-National Environment
Circles.Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, disability or age.
To all recruitment agencies: Circles.Life will only acknowledge resumes from agencies specifically retained for the role.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.