CIX is looking for a Head of Technology who understands technology and the exchange and marketplace product (interest in carbon market a plus!). The individual must be an effective leader ready to manage a lean and fast-paced team working to deliver the CIX technology product suite, and have effective stakeholder management across multiple business segments.
The role reports directly to the CEO.
Head of Technology
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, hiring and retaining talent and best practices & technology stack
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack. Work closely with lead engineers and architects (internal / external) to co-own the architecture and component strategy
- Actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and managing the releases including managing the end to end technology execution
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the engineering team (internal / external) and work closely with team to own the architecture and component strategy
- Provide expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Identify technical risks and opportunities for each project
- Mentor, motivate, and lead Engineering teams to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Lead the organizations strategic planning process, coordinate with Platform and Experience Development team to align engineering, and business priorities
- Responsible for the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to ensure continuity of the systems and also for the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure that the business users can continue to have access to computing needs during crisis.
- Work closely with the respective tech partners to ensure the is proper governance and oversight is in place, for the technology that is being provided to the CIX organization.
Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate would bring the following skills and experience to the role
- 15+ years of experience of building large-scale digital products within a high growth, global, matrixed environment
- 5+ years in developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams at startups / spin offs for digital product development and complex (enterprise) system integration projects
- Proven ability to set technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
- Experience in establishing product sustainability (e.g. disaster recovery, business continuity plan etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and corporate clients for the venture
- Proven ability and experience in establishing oversight and governance across multiple tech providers. (Tech from large corp or from startups etc.)
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Hands on skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java/J2EE preferred)
- Experience with building service-based architecture including use of micro services frameworks
- Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance (CSA guidelines and requirements, PDPA, etc)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- A consistent record of rolling out digital products following Agile methodologies and different investment models
- Experience working with technologies like blockchain, data analytics, cloud solutions
- Experience working with Open-source technologies like RedHat, MariaDB etc.
- Excellent social, writing and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in technology strategy and roadmap consulting to executives of large corporates
- Domain knowledge of Exchange traded products an advantage
- Superior ability to work with business and technology stakeholders across all levels internally and externally