Will work implementing, monitoring and troubleshooting networks. They provide support to the Senior Network Engineer on complex problems related to software structure and maintenance.
- NOCC - Acts as first responders, helping to organize and control incident response. Provides admission control for technical implementations. Executes and supports all standard operational changes to the environment
- Support - Respond to second level escalation, providing on-call rotation in organization and hands-off changes. Audits and documents changes to the environment. Implements execution for new initiatives and expansion of existing infrastructures
Skills & Software Requirements:
- R/S: OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, L2 architectures
- Multicast: PIM-SM, MSDP, AnyCastRP
- Security: Firewalling, ACLs, industry best practice, Internet architectures
- Load Balancing: F5 LB, iRules, persistence, etc.
- VPN: IPSec and SSL
- Wireless: standards, security, radio placement, etc.