Role entails leading assessment of the customer’s current business goals and challenges, technology operations estate, existing capabilities and planned IT investments and lead the planning and prioritization of strategic IT initiatives with customer sponsorship.
The individual should have proven ability to lead the design and engage in the build and implementation of complex solutions and services, and have experience across the technology domains of Cloud, Infrastructure, Applications, Security and Data - with experience & exposure to multiple technologies, tools, best practices, estimation techniques and IT processes.
Under IT sponsorship, develop relationships with key customer IT and business executives and helps customers translate business needs into actionable IT transformation strategy
- Responsible for advising enterprise customers on large Cloud transformation across System & Technology areas including Applications, Infrastructure, Security, Integration and associated services
- Lead assessments or definition projects across key CIO areas of IT Simplification, IT Modernisation and Security
- Envision and architect new innovative solutions on/across cloud platforms like Amazon AWS/Google Cloud Platform / Windows Azure and other private/public IaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Be part of Business Development team focused on helping to drive Cloud business development and Pre-sales for enterprise customers
- Work closely with delivery teams to successfully implement agreed upon solutions across lifecycle of assessment/planning, migration/implementation and operations.
- Understand the technical, financial, organisational requirements/constraints of enterprise customers and work closely to align the business case with technology roadmap
- Explain point of views and convince internal and customer stakeholders about the proposed solution and roadmap
Skills & Experience
- The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a sound understanding of both Business and IT strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural challenges and opportunities, and a strong grasp of business, technology and solutions, as well as strong leadership and people skills
- Experience of how contemporary technologies and approaches are helping companies transform is required; Hybrid, private, public cloud, DevOps adoption, modern application design using microservices, containers, datacenter automation tools, IT service management and delivery in the world of cloud
- Experience in Optimization, Organizational Design and Change Management, IT Governance, etc.
- Degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and/or equivalent experience
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of Cognizant’s vision and value proposition
- A comprehensive knowledge of key vendors and applications in Cloud & Infrastructure space, and the ability to direct efforts of cross-functional teams
- Should be able to work independently and take accountability for successful customer outcomes
- Willingness to travel when required
Specific Skills & Experience
- Experience in at least one of these - infrastructure architecture, web application architecture, data architecture, integration architecture and excellent understanding in others
- Ability to envision and architect solutions on cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Ability to explain the security and compliance capabilities of AWS/Azure
- Understand the integration and customization requirements with cloud providers
- Experience architecting solutions in at least one of the public cloud platforms - Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Experience in envisioning new solutions and defending complex architectures
- Experience in defining approach and migrating workloads to a private or public IaaS/PaaS provider.
- Understanding of hybrid IT situations - that combine on-premise IT capabilities with Cloud IT capabilities.
- Understanding of scenarios and solutions leveraging cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Windows Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Private Cloud and SaaS products.
- Understanding of how support/operations of public-cloud based workloads are performed and build solutions for the same