The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a pre-sales support role primarily focused on providing technical sales support to Commvault’s partners and channel. The role supports partner-focused sales teams deploying their skills to influence and drive though the sales cycle. The position requires a strong technical contributor who understands how their decisions impact and influence customer value while at time driving revenue for Commvault. The SE is seen as a trusted advisor at all levels within an account (C-Suite, technical stakeholders, etc.). as well as, be a team leader, mentor, teach, and contribute to overall success of Commvault. The SE drives or supports complex sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; coordinating technical expertise; sizing, scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; coordinating demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
- Experience in the software or storage industry serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role.
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting Enterprise Clients - working or competitive knowledge of e.g. VEEAM, Rubrik, Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Commvault Simpana, etc.
- Proven experience selling, conducting Proof of Concept (POC) architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.).
- Experience with common Software licensing practices (cloud, perpetual, term, maintenance)
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (SAP, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, tape drives, libraries, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Requires consultative selling skills which pair product expertise with strong business, industry and competitive acumen.
- Experience in working with cloud IaaS and PaaS (AWS, MS Azure, Google, Alicloud)
- Experience with kubernetes/container applications will be preferred.