We’re at an exciting stage in our growth in Singapore and now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. Mentored by one of our seasoned Tech Lead’s, you will be part of a strong team of engineers creating custom solutions.
So, if you have a thirst for innovation and want to work with talented and passionate people in an informal and high energy environment then read on.
What experience and skills do you need?
You should be self-motivated, methodical in your approach and be a true problem solver. In addition, you should have:
- 5+ years experience in NodeJS, .Net or .NET Core development
- At least 3+ years of experience working with AWS or building Microservices and SOA solutions on AWS
- Experience in a cross-functional, Agile development environment
- Worked with XML and JSON for content/data feeds, app configuration with REST and SOAP for consuming APIs
- Know how to work with a formal QA process with proper bug handling
- An understanding of architectural principles and design patterns, including the trade-offs for each
- Commercial experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and writing testable code via Unit testing, TDD or BDD
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- A Degree in Computer Science or related engineering or technical field
- Proficiency with front-end frameworks: React.js, Vue.js or Angular
- Experience working with REST APIs or GraphQL
- AWS Certifications
- Experience on another platform (e.g. React Native, Android, iOS)
Tell me more!
When you join this team you will work continuously with the development team as well as the test engineering teams to ensure that we are providing the highest quality of code, peer code reviews and pair programming.
You’ll gain experience with industries from NGOs to Travel and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people's lives.
In recent projects, we created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS's IoT products for SSE and launched a pilot project for NIHR, the NHS's research arm, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps.
You’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary team to guide Fortune 500 companies in reimagining how both their employees and customers make use of mobile devices to transform the way they work and conduct business.
For your first project, you’ll work with an Aerospace client on a drone project, using AWS for realtime video streaming - working alongside middleware and frontend developers to produce a dashboard that allows operators to view and manage video footage combined with overlayed metadata such as object detection via Machine Learning modules
What do we offer?
On top of working with talented and passionate people in an informal yet fast-paced ever-changing business, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Flexible work hours and remote work policy
- Annual performance bonus
- Health Insurance provided under AXA Smartcare
- Optimum Monthly mobile bill expenses up to SGD120 per month
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes or pottery
- 20 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days annual leave per annum after 2 years of service, and 30 days after 5 years
- 10 days of carers leave
- The chance to collaborate with our other offices in Australia, UK, Poland, Dubai and the USA
- Weekly Bootcamp / fitness activities (on hold)
- Weekly Friday team lunches (on hold)