We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Do you love the possibilities that Apache Kafka can bring to businesses and would love the challenge of developing a deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases?
If so, being a Consulting Engineer for Confluent could be your perfect fit.
In this role you will build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognised as leaders in this space.
Promoting Confluent and our amazing team to the community and wider public audience is something we invite all our employees to take part in.
This can be in the form of writing blog posts, speaking at meetups and well known industry events about use cases and best practices, or as simple as releasing code.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team in Singapore, most of the work will be based in Singapore and the surrounding area but there will be times you will have to travel further afield, across the APAC region.
A Typical week at Confluent in this role may involve:
- Preparing for an upcoming engagement, discussing the goals and expectations with the customer and preparing an agenda
- Researching best practices or components required for the engagement
- Delivering an engagement on-site, working with the customer’s architects and developers in a workshop environment
- Producing and delivering the post-engagement report to the customer
- Developing applications on Confluent Kafka Platform
- Deploy, augment, upgrade Kafka clusters
- Building tooling for another team and the wider company
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles
- Honing your skills, building applications, or trying out new product feature
Ideally, you should possess
- Deep experience building and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian- based distributions)
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.