We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We’re looking for a strong technologist who will support and grow the technical relationships with Cloud, System Integrators and Technology Partners in Singapore. In this role you’ll build enterprise streaming solutions that highlight Confluent’s unique features, enable cloud technical sellers and collaborate with our joint customers, prospects.
Successful Partner Solutions Engineers typically have backgrounds as developers, systems engineers or product specialists, but they all share a passion for expanding Confluent’s partner ecosystem and delivering the best of that world to our customers.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Desired Skills and Experience
What you will do:
- Provide architecture guidance and recommendations across solutions, offerings and customer opportunities
- Work with strategic partners to build differentiated solutions and offerings that include Confluent technology
- Build and manage relationships with key technical leadersEducate and enable partner architects on Kafka, Confluent and Event Streaming architecture
- Author white papers, technical articles and blog postsCreate content, organize and deliver technical workshops to enable and educate partners
- Be a public advocate for Confluent, leading webinars and speaking at conferences
- Help scale the team by building reusable content and programs
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years working in partner & customer facing sales engineering roles
- Familiarity with Linux, Java, and software design principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience architecting enterprise solutions for customers and/or partners
- Experience with messaging, streaming and ETL products commonly used in the enterprise
- Experience authoring, presenting and delivering technical material
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams including product managements, engineering, sales, marketing, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, with focus on identifying shared business value around complex software solutions
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions
- Passion for the role and strong commitment to excellence
What gives you an edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka and/or other streaming technologies
- Experience serving as Technical Sales/Systems Engineer in a cloud environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience designing and building big data, stream processing and/or other distributed systems for Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience working with global teams