Senior/ Back end Engineer
With a major shipping provider asking us to digitize one of their lines of business, we are scaling our engineering team. We are searching for several experienced back-end developers at the Staff and Senior level You will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for front-end integration.
We are looking for someone that is as excited about using cutting edge Google Cloud architecture to disrupt industry hundreds of years old. Connected Freight strives to adopt modern and cost-efficient best practices in our software development process. Candidates that are equally savvy in using a modern agile software development process, TDD, BDD, and DDD methodologies; and understand Go Language, Google Cloud, SQL, NoSQL serverless architecture are highly encouraged to apply. Solid engineers with a smattering of data and the ability to utilize Big Query are highly desirable.
If you are applying for this job please mark @connectedfreight.com as safe with your email provider
Due to the current COVID-19 related visa/travel restrictions enacted by MOM and ICA, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone unable to work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in Singapore by set date as expected. We're closely watching the situation and may adjust our position should restrictions be eased at a later date.
Scope & Deliverables
The candidate will work closely with the product and front-end team to design and implement web services that provide secure access to cloud-based systems.
- Be a key member of the agile engineering team and develop robust, fault-tolerant, scalable web services and systems to empower our operations.
- Implement web services, data processing pipelines in a highly configurable and flexible way.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement software architecture for high performing, scalable solutions for new business and operational processes.
- Drive improvements in CI/CD pipelines and implementing best practices to make the software development process enjoyable and efficient.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to drive change, and deliver projects in the startup environment of ambiguity and constantly changing priorities.
- Good understanding of databases (Postgres, Mongo, other relational and NoSQL technologies) and messaging technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc).
- Proven track record in creating complex information systems and running them in production. Understanding of RESTful APIs and event-driven architectures is a must.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies, programming languages, and frameworks. Track record in implementing software best practices and improvements to the software delivery process.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another quantitative field is preferred.
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform and Golang is required.
You will have the opportunity to disrupt a 500+ year old industry!
We're a unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being incubated by a Fortune 50 company. Your opinion will always be valued and you will have all the resources needed to do your best work ever. Connected Freight is constantly evolving with opportunities to learn and contribute in other areas than your respective area of expertise. We'd love to hear from you.