In order to meet our ambitious growth goals we are scaling our engineering team. Connected Freight is seeking to disrupt the logistics industry across ground and sea. But we need your help!
We are hiring 2 QE Engineers at the staff and senior level. The incumbents will drive Connected Freight’s Quality Assurance efforts. Do you enjoy finding faults in code? Working with business owners in engineering and product? Like the idea of developing a department for a startup, but one that is funded and incubated by a Fortune 500 company? Read on and apply, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are applying for this position, kindly mark @connectedfreight as safe with your email provider
Due to the current COVID-19 related visa/travel restrictions enacted by MOM and ICA, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone unable to work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in Singapore by set date as expected. We're closely watching the situation and may adjust our position should restrictions be eased at a later date.
Your possible background
You will be well versed in both tech and touch. This role will require equal parts quality engineering aptitude and interpersonal communication.
You will be required to oversee all aspects of software and product testing within the company. This will include understanding business requirements, manual testing, developing automated test strategies, identifying faults, and reviewing QA reports.
To ensure success as a Senior / QA Engineer you should have extensive experience in dealing with ambiguity, understanding and gathering business requirements, and the ability to project manage. A top-notch Senior QA Engineer ensures the smooth running of the QA department and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Senior / QA Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters
- Leading the QA team in designing QA test procedures
- Overseeing the drafting of testing documents
- Implementing automated testing procedures and overseeing the QA process
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures
- Conducting analysis checks on product specifications
- Reviewing Quality Assurance reports
- Ensuring the successful deployment of products into the market
- Responding to requests from the design team and management
- Ability to set up and manage Test Management Tools such as TestRail is a must
- Detail orientedness and a strong desire to deliver a high-quality software experience
- Previous experience as a QA Engineer with experience of testing web interfaces, mobile apps, and complex business logic
- Thorough knowledge of defining acceptance criteria in GHERKIN
- Running acceptance criteria through Cucumber and similar tools
- Proficiency in API testing and automation in Postman and similar tools
- Knowledge of best testing tools like Cypress, Selenium, Katalon Studio, Subject7 etc and best use cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Management or relevant field
- Strong analytical skills, and data-driven mindset
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Ability to project manage
We're a unique startup that has both the ability to work directly with senior leadership but also the structure that comes from being incubated by a Fortune 50 company. Your opinion will always be valued and you will have all the resources needed to do your best work ever. Connected Freight is constantly evolving with opportunities to learn and contribute in other areas than your respective area of expertise. We'd love to hear from you.