Dataiku is looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join its rapidly growing global Support team. Based out of Asia Pacific, you will be supporting the deployments of its Enterprise AI Platform (Dataiku DSS) to an ever growing and diverse customer base. Normally we hire candidates for our Support team to work a standard Monday to Friday work week. As a Weekend Warrior, you will be working a modified 4 or 5 day work week that always includes Saturday and Sunday to help our customers on a full-time basis .*
This role can be based in Singapore office or remotely in Australia, Korea or Japan.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills as a polished communicator and a trusted technical resource along with being able to demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritization and multitasking. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who loves learning new cutting-edge technologies and getting their hands dirty to solve challenging technical problems, and is naturally driven to become an expert in the space.
Our ideal candidate is an autonomous individual who is passionate about getting big data and data science technologies working together to solve business problems, and who will efficiently help customers solve their technical issues with Dataiku DSS. If you are interested in staying at the bleeding edge of big data and AI while also having the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup as we look to take our support operation global, this will be a great fit for you.
- Please note that Dataiku will make sure to comply with any and all relevant local labor laws that are applicable with regards to both required time off and compensation.
In this role, you will help the team
- Provide technical solutions and respond to technical requests from customers through a variety of different communication channels
- Manage and resolve support issues with a high degree of technical complexity
- Act as a liaison between clients and other Dataiku teams (such as Customer Success, Engineering, Data Science, etc.) to help deliver a fast and efficient resolution to issues or questions that have been raised by our end users
- Improve efficiencies by documenting and standardizing support processes along with capturing or developing best practices
- Develop tools that will help in diagnosing, resolving, and triaging hard-to-get-at problems
- Document knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge bases or forums within specific areas of expertise
- Follow-up on customer commitments in a timely manner, balancing effectively both processes with the need to adapt to the situation, along with relaying lessons learned and feedback internally to our other client-facing and technical teams
You might be a good fit if you have
- A strong competency in technical problem solving, with demonstrated experience working with advanced log analysis and other debugging techniques
- Proficiency working with Unix-based operating systems
- Comfort working with and reading customer code
- Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL
- Grit when faced with technical issues - you don’t rest until you understand what is happening and why things are not working
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed
- Ability to be autonomous, resourceful, and a proactive self-starter, while also remaining process-oriented and a team player
- Professional fluency in English is a must
- Ability and willingness to work a modified work week, which includes the weekends
Bonus points of any of these
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience in a client-facing engineering or technical role, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product
- Experience working with a multitude of analytics and big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, Docker/K8s, and various other database or BI technologies)
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or R
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems like LDAP, SAML, and Kerberos
- Proven track record working in a remote position with a large amount of autonomy
- Professional or native fluency in either Japanese, Korean, and/or Mandarin is a plus
What You Can Expect To Gain In This Role
- Ability to make an impact and help scale the Support organization, including being one of the first few support engineers to be based out of APAC
- Ability to work on the latest and greatest big data technologies for a unicorn startup
- Competitive compensation package, including equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to our regional offices and headquarters (such as Singapore, NYC, and Paris) along with other locations worldwide for company-wide and team events
- Startup atmosphere: Free food and drinks, international atmosphere, remote first culture, general good times, and smart/friendly people
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, doubled in size and opened new offices across the globe. 2020 looked no different as we announced a $100 million Series D in August! We are now more than 600 Dataikers globally. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography (and remote work) doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter , LinkedIn , and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.