We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us to build robust data platforms that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models that solve problems in telco network management, transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management, and retail intelligence, to name a few. This is a great opportunity to sharpen your big data skills and grow in maturity of your software development capabilities.
At DataSpark, you get to work with rich and diverse datasets, cutting edge technology, and you get to see the impact of your results in real business and government decisions, which in turn provide positive social benefit for consumers at a large scale. As a startup that is part of Singtel, DataSpark provides an enviable work environment with spirited trailblazing and industrial countenance. Working alongside creative, energetic and passionate teammates from around the world, you get to be a part of our exciting growth journey as we build the company to the next level.
- Design and implement scalable and robust software platform computing on large volumes of telco network datasets in batch/real-time using a variety of open-source and proprietary Big Data technologies
- Write and automate unit, functional, integration and performance tests in a Continuous Integration environment
- Work closely with senior data engineers and data scientists to implement data processing jobs and machine learning algorithms into products
- Collaborate with product management, sales and marketing, and solution delivery teams to ensure customer requirements are well managed and reflected in product releases
- Support the deployment of DataSpark software within clients' IT environment
- 3+ years of superior software development experience building commercial large-scale software systems and database systems
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated practical in-depth knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools, frequently used by telcos
- Experience in active commercial deployment of emerging Big Data technologies and real-time analytics
- Good understanding of Telco data models, knowledge about telco network capabilities a plus
- SQL and Relational Database Management System
- Parallel programming (Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Spark etc.)
- Java/Scala, Python, Amazon AWS
- Agile software development practices