Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
eFX development team aims to be the best in the banking industry by delivering the quality solution via cutting-edge technology. The team is looking for a microservice developer who will involve designing and developing cutting edge eFX applications, FX APIs, cloud native apps with OpenShift (Docker + Kubernetes) and AWS.
The successful candidate shall have extensive experience in cloud native microservices development, and test automation process.
* Design and develop FX applications by microservice, OpenShift and cloud native architecture
* Code eFX systems that meet business requirement
* Optimize applications for best performance and scalability
* Design and development of automation scripts / interfaces between application systems
* Develop technical documents to accurately represent application design and code
* Collaborate well with other team members and stakeholders in a Agile-scrum environment
* Create automation tests scripts to manage regression testing
* Writing high quality source code and deliver the application within tight deadline
* Communicate, manage and mitigate system issues and risks
* Troubleshooting and fixing bugs
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design inputs, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
* Working closely and communicating effectively with the project manager, business users, as well as external vendors and technology partners
* Acquire knowledge and understanding of DBS technology strategy as well as T&M digitization program and lead the team to model best practices
* Minimum 2 years of working experience as a Software Developer
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Core Java, multi-thread programming and Object-Oriented methodologies
* Understand microservices, elasticsearch, websockets, containers
* Understand the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Capable to build reliable and scalable micro-services running on Openshift or AWS
* Practical experience in using Spring Boot & Spring Cloud Framework
* JSON, JSP, Servlet, Ajax, Java Script, JQuery, both provider and consumer programming for Java Restful web service, working experience in open source application server
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and functional reactive programming
* Competent in implementing automated testing, unit testing and BDD
* Proficient in source code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket
* Good communication skills and able to work well with other teams and business users
* Experience in a banking environment is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements