Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The selected candidate would be responsible for the following items
- Drive the build out of the capabilities on the Ecosystem Platform roadmap.
- Able to work closely with the applications teams and other architects to drive high quality application development, raising the bar of engineering practices and value adding to the technical delivery
- Directing the architecture and development teams using a hands-on approach
- Establishing and owning engineering practice by improving current practices and coming up new practices were ever required
- Create strategy, guidelines to improve software development, delivery with world-class quality outcomes
- Define and follow the software standards, patterns, methodologies and practices including software quality, execution of agile software delivery
- Able to project manage and allocated development capacity to completing scheduled task
- Ensure agreed architecture is implemented by development team using agreed on patterns with engineering teams and architects
- Perform POC’s and come up with patterns and frameworks
- Be part of team of architects and domain experts to provide fit for purpose solutions
- Transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Conversion that is based on several factors: previous, successful design patterns, reference architectures and enterprise architecture guidance.
- Understands business functions, construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, during the SDLC. Get development team’s buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented.
- Establish plan and manage the migration from an in-house infrastructure to the cloud-based platform (PCF/ Openshift/ AWS/VPC)
- Minimum 2-5 experience in design and build large scale applications in continuous integration, continuous delivery, pair programming and test-driven development
- Experience with Cloud native application development in Java, Spring boot
- Experience with Event processing application development using kafka.
- Experience with Cloud (PCF/ Openshift) and Development and Deployment.
- Experience creating delivery capability from the ground up and building talented teams including the balance of onshore and offshore model
- Good understanding of OAuth 2.0 / SAML 2.0 protocols
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.