Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS Consumer Banking and Group Technology is looking for passionate Development Engineers to work on our in-house customer facing channels' applications for crafting and assembling our next generation consumer experiences. If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about bringing great experiences to life and love working in a collaborative environment with your product and experiences, then we want to talk to you.
- Develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Develop well designed, efficient, testable and high-quality code
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artefacts.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Responsible for the change in delivery and deployment strategy for all applications to a total replacement for applications at the end of their technology or functionality lifecycle
- Provide technical input during the business development life cycle.
- Participate in experimentation to assess new solution/application paths.
- Identify challenges to help the development of formalized solution methodologies.
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborate to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts.
- Actively contribute to the quality assurance for services within the solution/application area.
- Responsible for the application stability
- Bachelor’s degree with min. 10 years of experience in developing and supporting enterprise applications
- Good knowledge in banking Finance platform
- Experience in DevOps and agile development methodologies
- Hands-on experience in developing microservices using Java8, Springboot, Spring Cloud
- Hands-on experience in developing frontend applications using Angular and Reactjs
- Hands-on experience in MySQL and Mariadb
- Experience in CI-CD tools like Bitbucket Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, confluence
- Experience in TWS and shell scripting
- Able to manage business and provide timely updates on issues and resolutions
- Able to do capacity management and suggest on the capacity requirements
- Self-starter with the ability to develop resilient application
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.