Dell Technologies is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative Principal Software Quality Assurance Engineer to drive the vision and execution of a new Enterprise Edge Initiative. As a Principal Quality Support Engineer in our new Edge innovation group, you will have come from an environment in which you have already had life experiences in this activity. You will have an understanding of why orchestration is important to our customers. We are looking for you to accelerate the delivery and overall improve the quality of products by developing and executing test plans that ensure the best possible customer experience. You will test code manually and with automated tools to debug and solve complex software problems on both mobile and web applications. The ideal candidate will have experience building and executing automated test scripts, conducting end to end application tests, and extensive knowledge of SDDC environments. As a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer, you will need to take initiative and have the ability to execute in a very dynamic environment. Your insights and feedback will impact the making of this solution.
- Develop and/or execute software test plans on our applications in order to identify software problems and their causes.
- Act as a thought leader for the QE team, always focusing on solving problems and implementing solutions and work cross functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment alongside Development and Product Management to deliver high quality solutions
- Communicate daily with internal teams, onshore and offshore, as well as customers and stakeholders.
- Participate in product and feature design with Development and Product Management
- Develop reports or summary on the process and have the life experiences to recognize challenges at an early state.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (master’s degree preferred) or relevant experience
- At least 8 - 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Testing, Automation framework design
- Ability to analyze requirements, develop a test strategy and test plan, create and execute manual and automated test cases, track defects and report results
- Experience building and executing automated scripts or experience with automation tools e.g. Selenium/Webdriver, Cucumber, JUnit, Postman, Java, Golang, C# and or NodeJS
- Knowledge of any one or more Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
Good to have:
- Experience with Atlassian’s suite of products (JIRA, Stash, Confluence, etc.)
- Certifications such as Certified Software Testing Professional or Certified Software Quality Analyst will be an added advantage
- Experience of Dell and VMware products is a plus but not expected. However, you should be eager to learn Dell/VMware products and other related technologies
- Experience in Performance Testing is an advantage
- Knowledge of server, storage, networking, virtualization and HCI concepts is a plus
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here