Solution Architects are Solution-Focused Pre-Sales Technical Sales Resources targeted at opportunities and have deep expertise in Enterprise solution areas and their business drivers. Their focus is to help account Teams increase sales of Dell Enterprise Solutions by delivering technical expertise for strategic opportunities.
As a Solutions Architect, it is expected that you will drive the demand and opportunities in your area and ensure the respective sales teams learning through your leadership. As the primary representative of Dell's Extreme Scale Infrastructure, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing these opportunities with our customers. You will be responsible for working with your local account teams to ensure they are discovering and pre-qualifying these opportunities for you.
OEM business unit is looking for a Solution Architect to focus in Rapid Commodity Integration (RCI) for OEM for IT support (previously known as Extreme Scale Infrastructure ESI), supporting key customers in various verticals such as Telco, Cloud Service Providers, Webtech, Security and Safety, Media Entertainment, Healthcare, Industrial Automation or Defense. The job scope may involve:
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and experience with x86 servers, storage, networking and enterprise software solutions.
- Experience in WebTech, Telcom and Cloud Services Providers Market is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge in high performance systems (large scale installations, clustering, high throughput, etc), familiarity with customer challenges (modeling, simulation, large scale problems, Microsoft and Linux systems software, layer 3 networking, and server/storage management and IT consolidation principles).
- A working knowledge of Data Centers (power and cooling schemes, etc), enterprise technologies such as Artificial Intelligent/Machine Learning, Big Data, Private/Public Cloud Computing and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), etc.
- A minimum of 12 years technical work experience and IT certifications is needed.
- A minimum of 12 years selling end to end solutions leveraging a wide variety of technologies.
- Customer facing experience and the ability to deal with ambiguity is a must.
- Ability to translate complex technical topics to any level within a company (IT Admin to the CEO).
- The candidate must be able to work independently, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong solutions selling skills and time management skills required.
- A college degree is required, MBA is preferred.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here