Work you will do
Cloud is transforming the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our cloud specialists guide our clients through multi-year journeys from the case for change through implementation across all dimensions of cloud - business alignment, technology architecture and design, cloud application on-boarding, and transforming their operating model – to help solve our client’s most complex issues with the focus on value creation.
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using AWS. As Cloud Architect, you will you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for our clients, providing expertise on cloud infrastructure services including design, build and migrate. This includes taking a lead role in the cloud architecture and engineering practice. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our client’s business and IT processes.
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
- Be the go to person for Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of services offered on Public Cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction by establishing a positive relationship with a senior stakeholders.
- Influence teams and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
If you are someone with:
- The right person will be detailed, highly technical, having a minimum of 8 years of current solution architecture experience, including consulting and implementation for hybrid, and non-hybrid solutions. Demonstrated experience in an enterprise environment, and experience with AWS is an advantage
- The candidate is AWS Certified (at least Solution Architect – Associate level) will have a thorough understanding, familiarity and experience with Amazon Web Services. They will keep themselves up to date with the latest and greatest developments in the Public Cloud arena, and should have a thorough and deep understanding of key differentiators between Amazon Web Services and competing offerings from Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience in the establishment of an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops).
- A thorough and in-depth understanding of Container based architectures
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions (preferably on Amazon Web Services) using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
- Experience with deploying cloud based solutions and workload migration strategy using tools
- 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Experience with Enterprise application and database architecture
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated skills in communication (oral, written, presentation), analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all…
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- AWS Solution Architect – Professional certification
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Degree in computer-science, engineering or equivalent
- A robust understanding of ERP technical architectures – SAP, Oracle etc.
- We’ll love you if you have multi-cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP or both) knowledge, and experience.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.