Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
This role reports to the Operations Team Lead and is responsible for ensuring that all production bugs issues and enhancements are delivered as defined within timeline provided in the Retail area of our business.
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Working directly with our customers by remote in the retail space to resolve any issues they find in Diebold Nixdorf’s broad range of software offerings.
- Investigating logs and code, investigating, fixing production issues and developing hotfixes across a number of software products, and answering general questions about the software
- Managing tickets and customer expectations, providing support via email and ticketing system.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for both internal and for customer use.
- Working with internal teams to ensure that upgrades and project work have a smooth transition into the production environment and cause minimal disruption
- Analyzing ticket data to spot common trends and underlying problems to proactively prevent future incidents
- Write up documentations / functional specifications for any completed Service Requests and Bug Fixes.
- Responsible to provide the Root Cause of the bug issues and what was carried out to resolve the issue.
- Able to provide explanation to customer on technical perspective when reviewing any bug fixes or Service Requests solution.
- Responsible to provide workaround for production issues.
- Responsible to build and release installer after development is completed.
- Responsible to setup environment for development and unit testing.
- Ensuring that standard operating procedures are followed
- Reviewing future software versions to recommend necessary and/or beneficial upgrades and patches to meet customer requirements and expectations
- This role requires to work on 24/7 shift roaster, candidate must be flexible to work on shift when required
- Strong working experience in ITSM
- Good technical knowledge in .NET, Database, SQL server, SQL query, Scripting, WebServer, XML, Json
- Good knowledge in Line Display, Printer (Receipt Printer), Handheld Scanner, RFID Pad
- Good knowledge in EFT (Local and overseas), Fiscal Printer, various ePayments (Alipay & WeChat)
- Min 5 – 7 years in developer experience
- Strong working experience in Software Development.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skill
- Customer oriented with good communication skills.
- The ability to communicate with customers in English and / or mandarin Chinese
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage your time and tasks to make sure incidents can be resolved within SLA
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and to deal with competing priorities
- The ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot software products
- The ability to troubleshoot hardware and distinguish between hardware/software issues
- Experience in Retail industry supporting / developing Point Of Sales Solution will be advantageous.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or IT related degree
- Any other additional certifications for development or programming languages.
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**