The Software Solutions Architect has the mission to define, design and deliver the right technical solution to the customer. This includes a comprehensive understanding of the business requirements, the right positioning of our product, scope the customization efforts, manage the technical expectation and solving technical and architect issues by working with all relevant stakeholders.
The Solution Architect will have a good foundation in software engineering and good interpersonal skills and, are passionate about collaborating with other architects, product managers and backend engineers to build quality projects from start to end.
The solution architect may be also be involved in helping clients to develop cloud, infrastructure solutions and architectures to solve business and technical challenges and, experienced in delivering highly integrated multi-platform payment solutions.
- Undertake to familiarize with DN’s Payments product line to an SME level .
- Provide technical leadership in solutioning for Payments projects by leading and coordinating the domain technical discussions to meet functional and architectural requirements aligning nonstandard requirements with the Payments product roadmap.
- Own the production and the solution document to the client for acceptance.
- Provide Diebold Nixdorf internal project estimates and cost models for the solutions proposed to the client
- Confidence to structure the overall concept into development projects and take a leading role in the application design and integration aspects of the solution
- Aiding prospects with choosing the right set of Products and designing the appropriate Application-integration.
- Adapt and extend the company standard solution and individual software with respect to the functional scope, timeline and costs.
- Ability to do hands-on development with Java technologies
- Ability to guide the geographically diverse development team to implement payments projects.
- Ability to confidently participate in payments discussion addressing both technical and business levels.
- Ensure code quality by performing code and test results reviews with team members.
- Self-motivated with positive and innovative attitudes.
- Education: University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Work experience in a comparable position for at least 7 years.
- Experience in working in a global team environment
- Highly analytical and able to design and implement reliable, scalable and highly performing solutions.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle using traditional and/or Agile methodologies.
- A pragmatic, but innovative problem solver
- Comprehensive understanding of Java enterprise architecture (JEE)
- Solid Java programming experiences with mainstream application server like WebSphere and data base management system like Oracle, DB2 or other SQL based systems.
- Familiar with microservices, containerization, typical bank backend API and modern integration methods (e.g. Kafka)
- Fluent English communication skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice and spend longer periods abroad.
- Knowledge of the methodology & tools of agile software development - preferably SCRUM, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- Experienced with card (debit and credit) and/or cardless payment projects. Experienced with various flavors of ISO 8583 implementations and up-to-date with Payment standards.
- Good knowledge of the scope of services of the Diebold Nixdorf software portfolio for banks – especially in the domain of payments applications. Relevant Banking experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as virtualization, containers, high availability, data security, as well as the design and operation of cloud environments
- Working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and automation technologies.
- Certification in Cloud ( e.g. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner) would be advantageous.
- Experience with Shared (ATM or POS) networks as well as the global card schemes.
- Exposure to other payment standards for messaging (e.g. ISO20022)
- Experienced with card management system (issuing) and fraud detection.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**
We are a global Company operating in multiple Locations and Entities. As we are keen to find the best solution for our candidates several legal entities might be applicable for a Job offer. A List of our operating entities can be found here - https://www.dieboldnixdorf.com/en-us/about-us/global-locations