We are looking for qualified Software Engineer who will be responsible for development of applications, reports and interfaces to support the migration of existing systems to the new target systems; and working in complex, multi-priority and matrixed teams within the organization internationally.
As part of our Media Applications team, you will work closely with various stakeholders to ensure the applications, reports and interfaces are developed to the requirements and contribute to the success of the overall migration and system consolidation project.
You will also collaborate with administrators and internal users to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are key for this position, along with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
The Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer is a key role in the DMED Media Technology group under Media Applications team. This position is based in our Singapore office. This position will report to the Technical Lead, Media Applications.
- Assist the Technical Lead on the daily support functions and ensure smooth systems operation
- Analyse business processes in totality to derive holistic solutions for data distribution, analytics and business reporting that benefit business and operations
- Coordinate System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing with vendors, internal IT team and TV Business users for deliverables and provide workable solutions to support business processes
- Develop reports, middleware and interfaces based on business/operation needs and requirements
- Assist in documenting business/operational requirements, technical design and solutions and interface requirements
- Work in collaboration with teams within the project to attain common goals and timeline
- Analyse business requirements to determine the appropriate database design and architecture to meet requirements
- Define the application architecture and migration strategies of information systems
- Guide team to transform the application architecture into the detailed design for implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent
- Working experience in database administration or data analytic in MS SQL or Oracle DB (e.g., data mining, text mining, operations research, revenue management, etc.)
- Experienced in using ETL to extract, transform, and load data directly into a data warehouse
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Knowledge of programming languages (ability to develop/support software in Java, C#, VB.NET in J2EE or .NET technology but not limited to Web and Form Base applications)
- Architectural exposure to SOA products (Windows Communication Foundation, Oracle SOA Suite)
- Hands-on experience with report development tools (Crystal Report, Jasper Report or BI Publisher)
- Basic knowledge of Big Data technologies and digital tracing (Tableau)
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Industry experience is an advantage
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.