We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team to work on large scale, complex system that brings innovation to healthcare. You will be working on modern technology stack and in a cross-functional environment that promotes collaboration within/across teams and managing both internal/external stakeholders.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of product development from initialization till rolled-out. You will be working on architecture, design, implementation, testing, and production support. The ideal candidate will have strong ownership, good communication skills, enjoy working in highly collaborative and fast paced environments.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
- Develop applications for time-sensitive projects while considering business/system requirements.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 5-8 years of relevant experience in enterprise applications, preferably in Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- Has experience in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, SCM tools and CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment
- Comfortable with fast paced operations and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience