The DocuSign Professional Services team manages customer implementations and integrations of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud (DAC) products. The goals of the Solution Architect are to lead and provide product recommendations/configurations, technical and business use expertise for our Applications, understand data and network security, ensure proactive communication to clients and internal staff, manage enhancement requirements and escalations, understand simple to complex business requirements and design scalable solutions to meet immediate and growing needs. The Solution Architect leads impactful engagements by anticipating the needs of the clients and ensuring the alignment of the internal and external teams focused on the DAC platform. This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Manager of Professional Services.
This role requires excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing. In addition, the Solution Architect must be able to drive conversations and decisions across many of our internal organizations such as Support, Product Management, Sales and Business Development.
- Technical Acumen and Consulting
- In-depth knowledge of best-practice business consulting and seasoned consulting skills
- Responsible for the end to end delivery of the assigned engagements
- Lead complex implementations as an expert, providing best practices and ensuring the solution design results in a scalable solution
- Guiding and coaching project team in design, architecture, configuration and deployment
- Identify and leverage new release features and functionality by being current with product releases and features
- Provide input to the customers overall system architecture and tooling to meet the long term vision of DAC
- Customer Engagement
- Build trusted relationships with the customer to guide them through decision making and industry best practices
- Identify customer resource requirements and dependencies and address gaps in a coordinated and mutually beneficial manner
- Recommending creative solutions for customer’s unique requirements while ensuring long term scalability and accounting for the product roadmap
- Build strong relationships with customer admins and Center of Excellence, acting as a trusted expert consultant on how to leverage the DAC platform across their business using best practices
- Managing Escalations and/or Rescuing Partner/PS projects
- Provide Expert services – in reviewing customer/partner/PS implementations and providing corrective measures in bringing a customer back to health
- Provide time critical and long terms fixes that will help the customer recognize their desired outcomes
- Collaboration with Product, Sales, CS and other internal teams
- Provide guidance with pre-sales motions via scoping and estimation for medium to complex engagements
- Partner with the Project Manager to ensure correct planning and controls on scope, budget and timeline
- Provide guidance for post go live activities (eg. Training, DSU classes, adoption etc.)
- Play a lead role representing CS in cross-functional long-range projects to develop novel, highly futuristic products/services that significantly contribute to DocuSign's competitive advantage and industry leadership position
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Create best practices and coach PS resources ensuring consistent and scalable delivery for all DocuSign customers
- Provide feedback to team members on configuration and deliverables
- Other Responsibilities
- Orchestrate escalation resolution with customers and internal resources
- Align with business and key stakeholders on requirements and outcomes
- Collaborate and communicate across the entire account (Customer and Internal stakeholders) to ensure alignment
- Meet all Professional Services team success criteria including utilization target, customer satisfaction score and financial requirements
- Play a trusted advisor role with internal / external clients. This may include customer business reviews and senior level strategy discussions
- Become an expert in designing, implementing and articulating DocuSign Agreement Cloud solutions.
- Provide guidance on learning paths for developing practitioners.
- Consistently deliver on-time and on-budget collaborative engagements to our customers that provide continuous improvement via impactful solutions which result in highly referenceable accounts enabling strong adoption, renewal and upsell.
- Successfully plan, organize and manage all tasks, project decisions, escalations, and prioritizations of an engagement to ensure customer satisfaction. This includes developing Architecture of technical solutions to address client needs and tracking to long term customer objectives, success criteria and milestones.
- Collaborate with DocuSign team to proactively uncover additional customer needs and support documenting client requirements and expectations.
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years working directly with business/customers to understand business needs and applying technology solutions to those requirements
- 8+ years of experience consulting/ leading implementation / solution architecture development / business analyst teams in Software or Software-as-a-Service industries
- 8+ years of experience in Enterprise Integration tools, ETL and Web Application Development
- A sound knowledge and experience with data management and analytics platform
- Adept at leading change and achieving meaningful outcomes at the executive level; evangelizing skills to both technical and business executives
- Demonstrate ability to uncover additional customer needs and deliver in a mutually beneficial manner
- Proven track record of architecting and implementing solutions that result in customers leveraging the platform and resulting in continued product renewals
- Understanding of document/content management and/or workflow systems and their application to business process improvement
- Experience of implementing Contract Lifecycle management solutions
- Experience implementing workflow/BPM software (e.g. Lombardi, Pega, K2, Skelta), software (e.g. Salesforce.com, Documentum, FileNet, MS SharePoint, Success Factor)
- Experience in operating in a management consultant role
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong multitasking and organization skills
- Experience working in one or more of the following industries: FinServ, Tech, Telecom, Healthcare, Real Estate, Insurance, Education, Public Sector
- Experience with XML/Xpath or other structured data
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.