The Maximo Technical Consultant will be mainly responsible for providing professional services to the various clients, working alone or a part of the implementation/support team.
- Analyze, design, program, test, document and maintain IT systems or applications
- Provide maintenance support to customers (internal and/or external) by investigating and rectifying reported systems shortcomings.
- Analyze requests for enhancements/changes and write amendment/program specifications.
- Update system documentation.
- Understand the interdependencies of the services (application, system and database) and be able to pin-point problem areas accurately to improve overall efficiency.
- Design and document system design, architecture and propose appropriate technologies and tools required to implement systems; and ensure users sign-off on design specifications.
- Use development tools to develop applications for better productivity.
- Develop test cases, conduct SIT, load test and tune the performance of systems to meet SLA.
- Deploy systems to production and provide post-implementation support.
- Provide technical guidance to junior colleagues in their work.
- Keep abreast of technological advancement, emerging standards and new software or hardware solutions that may affect decisions about system builds or enhancements.
- The candidate(s) should possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on server-side application development experience in Java Technology: Java/ J2EE/Spring/Struts