You'll be an experienced robotics software engineer with excellent software coding knowledge. Working in an agile cross-functional team, you will contribute to the development of complex features to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
You'll collaborate with architects, software engineers, and specialist engineering to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever expanding Dyson product portfolio.
You'll have a desire to explore and share ideas and techniques across different technical domains and will ideally have expert knowledge of algorithm development for complex, sophisticated systems including hardware, embedded software, robotics components with a focus on behavioural software.
- Responsible for the design and development of the behaviours and features of household robots.
- Work closely with software engineers to implement and test robotics behaviours to production quality with a focus on the underlying algorithms.
- Manage the entire life cycle of multiple related complex modules and systems, including feature discussion, algorithmic analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and result tracking
- Identify key enabler and risk areas of proposed solutions.
- Involve in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure/environment setup
- Good product sense and keen focus on product performance.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in specific domain, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution
- In-depth participation in feature design discussions will be required
Key Skills / Experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, robotics engineering or similar.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, SLAM, motion trajectory control, image processing, object detection/recognition, task management, manipulation, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- 5+ year of work experience in embedded system application development.
- Excellent object oriented programming capability, including speed and overall quality; specifically, MUST be able to write high performance product quality codes with C++.
- Strong proficiency in multithreading programming and synchronisation mechanisms.
- Familiar with STL, boost C++ libraries, design patterns and able to enforce it in day-to-day tasks.
- The ability to learn continuously and improve oneself.
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Expertise and experience in embedded system development, including protocol, architecture, behaviours, security, etc., is a plus.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills; ability to communicate complex information at every level.
- Optimism and an excitement about collaborating with teammates and interdisciplinary teams, and technically support development.
- For a highly experienced candidate, we expect excellent technical guidance skills and the ability to influence the work of others. Experience in over-sighting high complexity software development projects is an advantage
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results to ensure that the whole team succeeds in its goals.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us