- You will participate in SRE software engineering, writing code for the continuing reduction of human intervention in operational tasks and automation of processes
- You will manage Cloud provider infrastructure, system deployments and product releases
- You will monitor the Elastic Cloud platform and Cloud infrastructure, responding to incidents, correcting and improving systems to prevent incidents and planning capacity
- You will be asked to assist in automating and implementing Vault for secrets management.
- You may be involved in resolving Elastic Cloud customer support issues
- You will participate in 24x365 on-call schedules
You don't need to have all of these items, but they represent the types of work you will do in Tooling at Elastic Cloud
- You are either a software engineer with real interest, and ideally some experience in Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation; or an experienced sysadmin with professional skills in Linux, preferably on distributed systems at scale, and a demonstrable interest in using software engineering to solve operational problems
- You are comfortable writing software to automate API-driven tasks at scale. Cloud Tooling engineers primarily use Go. Java and Scala are also key languages in the Elastic Cloud product
- You have experience automating the build and deployment of software products, and understand the related challenges in distributed systems
- You have experience using a public Cloud; AWS, GCP, Azure, Softlayer or OpenStack
- Software development as part of an engineering team
- Linux system administration, ideally in a Cloud environment
- Working remotely, with the communication and adaptability it requires
- Cloud secrets management, specifically Hashicorp Vault
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form
Please see here
for our Privacy Statement.