The Software Engineer’s role is to collaborate with a small team of engineers and act as a technical architect. This role is hands-on, and the Engineer must spend time writing code alongside other developers. Team workload includes gathering requirements, researching, designing, developing, documenting, and maintaining software throughout the complete product lifecycle. The role will also involve analysing production software errors, correcting the software in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. The role will also analyse and amend production software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
To join our team in Singapore, we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer strong problem-solving skill, attention to detail, willingness to learn.
This role will take an important role in the implementation of exciting new features to our on-premises desktop solutions and cloud-based solutions running on Amazon Web Services which empowers Helix's customers with accessible and actionable online technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the following software
- Our flagship product, TOOLKIT, a desktop application with embedded components
- CICD Pipeline with AutoUpdate and related monitoring integrations for a fully data driven and automated software delivery process
- SQL Server Database migration tools and test automation capabilities for mocking various hardware such as Card Readers, Payment Gateways and KIOSKs
- Improve on-premise and transition select features to cloud-based solutions supporting Helix's customers worldwide
- Migrate tools to modern frameworks and platforms
- Following the Scrum framework, collaborate with other engineers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance individuals to deliver value incrementally
- Take on a high degree of ownership for the system end-to-end from business requirements, to technical design, to development, to supporting testing, to online operations
- Be a positive and active contributor to the team’s methodology and continuous improvement programs
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Promote, enforce and iterate EMBED development standards and practices
Job qualifications and requirements
- At least 7 total years of professional software development experience with at least 3 years in a role developing .NET solutions, and at least 2 years in an operational role
- Solid knowledge of client-server architectures involving HTTP(S), RESTful API
- Automation skills using
- PowerShell 4.6 and above
- In YAML- Azure DevOps Pipelines, Serverless, Terraform also Azure DevOps Releases
- .NET 4.6, .NET 5, C#, Fluent NHibernate
- MSSQL 2012++
- Previous experience working in Agile software development with Atlassian
- A proven track record of successfully delivering products in an agile development team with proven application of Test-Driven development, automated testing and CICD
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Able to engage both technical and non-technical management and team members
Join our Team
Embed Solutions Group provide a great environment and platform for employees to build their career. In this role, you can expect:
- The unique opportunity to be a part of the digital disruption in the entertainment industry.
- Autonomy in the role and in managing your own portfolio.
- Exposure to the fast-paced world of high-tech start-ups.
- Attractive experience and compensation.
- Working with passionate, smart, and driven colleagues in a vibrant environment.