We are looking for a passionate, self-driven, fully hands on front-end/full-stack engineer to work with our IIoT wireless team. This person will work independently and as a part of a team to develop Web Applications built for a variety of platforms (VMs, small Linux computers, mobile, cloud). This position includes design and architecture of software features, working with designers and product managers to understand the features and implementation of both the client-side (front-end) and server-side (back-end).
We value autonomy, self-reliance, fast-movers, a passion for robust and maintainable code, and above all, the ability to ship a quality product.
- Implements features within our application in cooperation with other team members.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current tools and techniques.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the organization in the development of all applications.
- Ensuring high performance on a variety of platforms.
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 10 years of proven experience building and shipping professional software.
- Deep understanding of the complexities in developing web applications.
- Front-End experience with Web-Components, Angular, React web-framework.
- Back-end experience primarily with NodeJS web service frameworks and RESTful resource implementation. Java, Golang and Python knowledge desirable.
- Experience with Docker, Relational Databases (SQLite, PostgreSQL), Web Application Security, Revision Control Systems, Setting up CI CD pipeline.
- Proficiency with both adaptive and responsive designs.
- Fluency using with Linux systems.
- Ability to work in a complex team structure, including distributed teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- A passion for developing products with best user experience.
- Familiarity with agile techniques.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us! .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.